A fresh, colourful salad, quick and easy to prepare, tasty and full of goodness. Even though its autumn its still hot here in Manzanillo and a mixed salad is always a good way to get some fresh veggies into your diet!
Try this tasty Baby Spinach, Tomato, Red Onion and Avocado Salad:
50-100g Baby Leaf Spinach
1/4 Red Onion thinly sliced
2 Tomatoes diced
1 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
1 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt, Pepper and Lime
Serves 2 as a starter or light lunch/snack
1. Arrange the spinach leaves in bowls and put the diced tomatoes in the center, then sprinkle the sliced onion over the tomatoes, separating the layers as you do.
4. Put the seeds in a small frying pan and toast them for about 30 seconds – 1 minute, then sprinkle them over the top of the salad.
5. Season with salt and pepper and pour 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over each bowl of salad.
6. Serve Baby Spinach, Tomato, Red Onion and Avocado Salad with a lime wedge and salted crackers or fresh bread.
- How to Eat Hass Avocados (avocadocentral.com)
- Roasted Tomato, Spinach and Quinoa Salad (hothouseyogaob.wordpress.com)
- Save the Spinach: Wilted Spinach Salad (pieinthewoods.wordpress.com)