Jugo Verde – Nopal, Pineapple, Orange and Parsley Whole Juice
A very simple blend of nopal, fruit and parsley make a super healthy whole juice to get you going in the morning.
Nopal is said to be good for curing a hangover so this is the perfect morning-after juice. If you add a stick or two of celery they say this is a great juice to help you loose weight.
So we already know about how great the Nopal is in a Salad, here is the link to my recipe for delicious Ensalada de Nopal – a typical Mexican side dish – in case you missed it, now here it is in a Juice. You can always adjust the amounts in the recipe according to your taste, one thing you should know is that the nopal is a bit slimy, so the more you use the more babosa your juice will be. If you are not too keen on that texture just don’t put too much nopal.
Makes 2 large glasses full
Its as simple as:
Throw all ingredients into a blender and blend til smooth. Serve in glasses and enjoy!
- Citrus Celery Juice (thewritingculturist.wordpress.com)
- Green Juice: 5 Great Recipes to Try (thekitchn.com)
- 16 Smoothie Recipes which are Healthy (healthtipsadviser.wordpress.com)
- The Juice Feast Chronicles – Day 28 of 90 (thevegetablecentrickitchen.com)
- JUICE FAST – DAY 1 of 5!! (live4unow.wordpress.com)